2016 Battle of the Books Participants Page
What to do...If you want to participate in the Battle of the Books for the 2014-2015 school year, follow these directions!
1) Read any 3 of the Battle of the Books books by December 19th, 2015.
2) Then, fill out the online Student Book Summary Form (Click on the button to the right!) for EACH book that you read. (Please note: you CAN read and fill out forms for more than 3 books, but you MUST complete at least 3 to still be considered eligible.)
3) If you complete this form for any 3 Battle books by December 19th, you will be invited to an official Battle of the Books informational meeting in January to choose your team and hear all the rules, etc.
The Book List
1. Beneath by Roland Smith
2. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
3.Faking Normal by Courtney Stevenson
4. I'll Give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson
5. Jackaby by William Ritter
6. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
7. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
8. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
9. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
10. Taking Flight by Michaela DePrince
11. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
12. A Time to Dance by Padma Venkatraman
13. The Underground Girls of Kabul by Jenny Nordberg
14. Undertow by Michael Buckley
15. X by Ilyasah Shabazz
East owns at least 5 copies of each book and you can also find them on Limitless LibrarIes. Check them out--and ask Ms. Banks if you have any questions!
If you have trouble opening the summary form with the button above, you can use this URL.
Additional Rules & Information...
* Teams going to the District Battle can be 4 - 5 members ONLY.
*Students on a team together can be in ANY grade level, but must ALL attend East Nashville Magnet High School.
*As a team, you will divide up the list of 15 books among group members. Different people will be responsible for different books, but your TEAM should complete reading all 15 books by the end of January 2016 so we are ready to compete.
*School-wide battles will be held in late January to determine which team will go to the District Competition.
*Each team will compete against the other teams in a 12-question round where teams will answer "In Which Book..." style questions. You may NOT use a book list during the school-wide battles.
*At the end of the school-wide battles, ONE team will be selected to compete against 11 other schools in the Middle Tennessee Battle of the Books.
*Questions? See Ms. Banks in the library!
Want to know more about the Battle books? Click below and download an Annotated Bibliography for each of the 2016 BOB books! These summaries are from GoodReads.